1. Cahill, J., McLoughlin, S. (2019). IoT/sensor-based infrastructures promoting a sense
of home, independent living, comfort and wellness. Sensors 2019, 19(3), 485;
2. Cahill, J. Ethical Issues in Artificial Intelligence (Aged Cared). Presentation for the
National summit on artificial intelligence, March 2019.
3. Cahill, J., Power, D., Mackey, G., & McLoughlin, S. (2018). New technologies
supporting patient re-enablement, wellness monitoring and staff professionalism.
Age and Ageing, Volume 47, Issue suppl_5, 1 September 2018, Pages v13–v60,
4. Cahill, J., Power, D., Mackey, G., & McLoughlin, S. (2018). New technologies
supporting professionalism, patient experience and patient centred care. Paper
presented at the Annual Conference of the Irish Ergonomics Society, May 31, 2018.
5. Cahill, J & McLoughlin, S. (2018). Quantified Wellness and Assisted Living.
Presentation to be given at the Quantified Self Meet-up, Science Gallery, May 1,
6. Cahill, J., Power, D., Mackey, G., & McLoughlin, S. (2018). New technologies
supporting patient re-enablement, relationship centred care, patient safety and
wellness monitoring. Poster presented at the Inaugural Conference on
Professionalism in Healthcare in Ireland. Royal College of Surgeons Ireland (RCSI),
7. Cahill, J & McLoughlin, S. (2018). Biopsychosocial models of wellness and the human
factors design of new technologies for older adults domicile in residential homes
and assisted living communities. Presentation given at The National Medtech &
Biotech Summit, Dublin, March 14, 2018.
8. Cahill, J., McLoughlin, S., & Wetherall, S. (2018). The Design of New Technology
Supporting Wellbeing, Independence and Social Participation for Older Adults
Domicile in Residential Homes and/or Assisted Living Communities. Technologies
2018, 6(1), 18 pp 1-33; doi: 10.3390/technologies6010018,
9. Cahill, J, McLoughlin, S., & Blazek, D. (2017). The Design of New Technologies
Addressing Independence, Social Participation & Wellness for Older People Domicile
in Residential Homes. Proceedings of the 2017 International Conference on
Computational Science and Computational Intelligence (CSCI’17: 14-16 December
2017, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA); IEEE Computer Society. Editors: H. R. Arabnia, L.
Deligiannidis, F. G. Tinetti, Q-N. Tran, M. Qu Yang. ISBN-13: 978-1-5386-2652-8; BMS
Part # CFP1771X-USB; DOI 10.1109/CSCI.2017.313
10. Cahill, J., Bokser, S. & McLoughlin, S. (2017). Addressing independence and lived
experience: New Technologies to Support Wellness, Independent Living, Social
Participation and Community Engagement. Paper presented at the Seventh
Interdisciplinary Ageing & Society Conference, University of California at Berkeley,
Berkeley, USA, November 2017.
11. Cahill, J, McLoughlin, S. & Wetherall, S (2017). Lived Experience, Stakeholder
Evaluation and the Participatory Design of Assisted Living Technology. Proceedings
of AAATE 2017 Congress, Sheffield, UK, 12 -15 September, 2017. Studies in Health
Technology and Informatics. Harnessing the Power of Technology to Improve Lives.
iOS Press. Ebook Volume 242: Pages 64 – 71. Published 2017, Editors Peter Cudd,
Luc de Witte, DOI10.3233/978-1-61499-798-6-64. ISBN 978-1-61499-797-9 (print) |
12. Cahill, J, McLoughlin, S. & Portales, R. (2017). New technology enabling wellbeing,
independence, successful ageing, and relationship centred care, for seniors domicile
in residential homes. Talking Poster. Proceedings of the Human Factors and
Ergonomics Society Europe Chapter 2017 Annual Conference. Rome, Italy,
September 2017. ISSN 2333-4959 (online).
13. Cahill, J., McLoughlin, S., Wetherall S., Stolberg, M., & O’Connor M. (2017). Addressing
issues of need, adaptability, user acceptability and ethics in the participatory design
of new technology enabling wellness, independence and dignity for seniors living in
residential homes. Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Human
Aspects of IT for the Aged Population (Part 11), ITAP 2017, held as part of HCI
International 2017, Vancouver, BC, Canada, July 9-14, 2017, Springer.
Berlin/Heidelberg, Germany, 2017.
14. Cahill, J, McLoughlin, S, Wetherall, S (2016). The specification of new technology to
support assisted living (AL) from a biopsychosocial and stakeholder relationship
perspective. Proceedings of the 2016 International Symposium on Health
Informatics and Medical Systems (CSCI-ISHI), Las Vegas, December, 2016. IEEE
Xplore Digital Library – Conference Proceedings Services, 2016, Notes: [Proceedings
accessed via ACM Digital Library at: http://dl.acm.org/%5D.